Disclaimer PolicyAlana Nguyen
- In the event the Student/Guardian is not completely satisfied or must cancel enrollment, a prorated refund will be made equal to the CoWorking sessions remaining.
- However, we do ask you help find a replacement client who may be interested in our CoWorking or Computational Thinkers sessions since we do turn students away due to predetermined enrollment caps.
Classroom Visiting Policy
- Parents/Guardians of our students are more than welcome to sit in on classes to observe; We ask observers maintain a quiet by-stander perspective.
- If the presence of the parents are distracting to the students or the class, we reserve the right to ask the parent to wait in the reception area until class is over.
- It is the opinion of CoWorking for Kids and Computational Thinkers that makeup is not appropriate for school-aged children below the years of high school.
- Therefore it is discouraged that you send your children to CoWorking Classes or Comp Thinkers Courses wearing makeup, unless it is medically necessary.
If CoWorking Has to Cancel a Class
- The CoWorking Classes do not have a set “minimum” enrollment requirement, as student sizes may change from day to day.
- In the event of a cancelation of a CoWorking Day, whether due to an emergent event, COVID-19, or unforeseen circumstances, CoWorking Kids will contact all clients and the day in question will be reallocated back to the client’s membership.
- In the event we do not meet our minimum enrollment for a Computational Thinkers Course, we will cancel the class & notify you of an alternate class based on availability or the choice of a refund of the class that was cancelled.
- If in the unlikely event Computational Thinkers has to cancel, refunds will be processed within 5-7 business days from the date of cancellation if an alternate class is not chosen or available.
- If a class is canceled midway (for reasons beyond our control), we will provide a prorated refund for the remaining classes.
Missed CoWorking Classes and Comp Thinkers Courses
- For CoWorking Courses a “Missed” Day of CoWorking constitutes a “no-show” of the student prior to 7:30 am, or a cancelation of a CoWorking Course after 6:30 am of the given day of CoWorking.
- In both situations no refund will be offered.
- If, however, the given day of CoWorking is cancelled prior to the 6:30am window, the client can retain that day of CoWorking and use it at a later date.
- This policy does not apply to any Computational Thinkers Classes taken on or in conjunction to the day of CoWorking in question.
- Computational Thinker’s Classes maintain their individual attendance policies or prior arrangements.
- Clothing and jewelry that promote the use of drugs or alcohol, depict violence, abusive or gang type behavior, or contain pictures or designs of a sexual nature should not be worn in the CoWorking Space nor in Computational Thinkers Course.
- The following garments will be prohibited in either CoWorking Classes or Computational Thinker Courses: Strapless blouses or halter tops, tops which expose the midriff (shirts must cover the midriff on all sides), tops which expose cleavage, and shirts which expose a student’s chest.
- Additionally Students should wear appropriate undergarments if necessary and should not be exposed.
- Shirts which reveal undergarments, whether due to the transparency, length, or lack of coverage by the shirt are not permitted.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and completely cover the buttocks area.
- Pants may not be worn in such a way as to expose underwear or skin around the midsection.
- Parents will be contacted to supply a change of clothing if their child dresses inappropriately.
- “Bullying” means any written, verbal, graphic, or physical act which a student or group of students exhibits toward other particular student(s) and the behavior causes mental or physical harm to the other student(s); and is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for the other student(s).
- In the event, a representative of CoWorking for Kids and/or Computational Thinkers, witness bullying with our own eyes, we address it instantly.
- We have a “3 Strikes and You’re Out” policy.
- The first strike, we will pull the children aside and have a talk with all parties involved finding out the facts.
- On the 2nd bullying incident, we will ask the parents to pick the child up.
- No refund is given for the remainder of the day.
- If your child is the aggressor, we ask the parents to encourage their child to write a note to the victim, which includes an apology, bring it to school the next day, hopefully with a fist pump, handshake or hug to make everything all good.
- If there is a 3rd incident, the instigator of the bullying be asked to leave the premises where the classes are held and will be banned from attending any future CoWorking for Kids and/or Computational Thinkers classes.
- A prorated refund will be given for any remaining classes the student did not attend, excluding the day the last bullying incident occurred.
Accident and Medical Release
- By registering for sessions with CoWorking for Kids or Computational Thinkers you agree, except as expressly identified by you, (the student, parent or guardian), in the check out registration form, that you are not aware of any health or medical conditions the student may have which would suggest to you your student should not be a participant in the sessions operated or provided by CoWorking for Kids and/or Computational Thinkers.
- You have not been advised by a qualified healthcare provider, or otherwise, that the student should not participate in any of our classes or activities.
- As a result of enrolling in sessions with CoWorking for Kids/Computational Thinkers, all efforts will be made to educate and protect the students, while under our care.
- We will watch over them, as if they were our own.
- However, by enrolling student(s) in sessions with CoWorking for Kids/Computational Thinkers and selecting the – I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions – checkbox during the checkout process, you hereby and irrevocably waive, release, and discharge CoWorking for Kids and Computational Thinkers.
- Including all of its employees, directors, officers, agents, trustees, representatives, contractors, sub-contractors, volunteers, other participants and/or members, predecessors, successors and assigns these “Releases”, for and from any and all injury, harm and/or damages of any kind, howsoever caused or arising, including those arising from the Releasees’ own negligence, as well as any and all liability arising from, or related to, directly or indirectly, the student’s death, disability, personal injury, property damage or property theft, and any other claims for damages the student or you may have now or in the future, including those related directly or indirectly to the student’s participation in the classes.
- I understand that these terms will be used against you in any proceeding in which you make any claim of any kind against the Releases, on your own or on behalf of, or as a representative of, the student.